Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Features of Ubuntu


Ubuntu is composed of many software package ,the vast majority of which are distributed under a free software license. The main license used in Ubuntu is GNU General Public License (GNU GPL ). Which along with GNU Lesser General Public License (GNU- GPL ). So Ubuntu is free to run, copy, distribute, study, change, develop and improve.  One can install ubuntu without restarting computer.

screenshot
Ubuntu desktop includes a graphical desktop environment. The default desktop environment is Unity (developed by Canonical Ltd.). one can use different desktop environment such as KDE, Xfce, LXDE or GNOME while others paid operating systems don’t give this opportunity.

Ubuntu comes with installed with a wide range of software such as office, web browser or lightweight games. Every Ubuntu package has Libre Office (like MS office), Mozila firefox, Thunderbird (Email app), Transmission (bit torrent client). One can download a lot of software from Ubuntu software center for free. I’ve a list of software that is free with Ubuntu’s current version (Ubuntu 12.04). I’ll post them in my next post ……….    

1 comment:

  1. I am wondering which blogging platform you're using? I'm new to operating a blog and have been thinking about using the Blogger platform. Do you consider this is a good foundation to start with? I would be really grateful if I could ask you some questions through email so I can learn a bit more before getting started. When you have some free time, please get in touch with me at: jorgesousa@gmail.com. Many thanks
    My blog : phsycial therapy 10305

    ReplyDelete